Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Beautiful Bestie

Hello everyone. Felicitas asked me to write the first journal entry, introducing myself. I have been friends with Felicitas for the past 13 years. We actually met in traffic school while we were in college. Since that day, we became fast friends and have made so many wonderful memories. We've danced our way through college parties, France, Spain, and Vegas (multiple times)! Obviously, the pre-mama days! 


Although she and I had been close friends for years, our friendship reached a new level with the birth of our babies! Felicitas and I have been pregnant together all 3 times. She of course has her two beautiful girls Graciela and Maya, and the sweetest baby boy, Mateo, while I have the opposite, two boys and a girl. Becoming mothers together was such a special bond for us and we've had countless late night chats and text sessions about anything and everything to do with our kids. She's the first person I call when I have a mommy question. She's also the first person I call when I really just need to talk to a friend.


When I found out Felicitas had breast cancer, I immediately thought of creating a blog for her so all of her family and friends could be updated on her progress. Obviously it's been an extremely emotional time for her and for all of us who love her. I know we are all anxious to hear how she's doing and what her test results are, so I'm hoping that the blog will be a good source of information for everyone. Felicitas has asked for me to help keep the blog updated since there will be times that she and Junior won't feel like reliving every detail.


Felicitas' dear friend, Lisa Shimomura has set up a Care Calendar for people to donate meals through Dream Dinners and Dinner Studio. In the future there will also be ways to help Felicitas by running errands, giving her rides to appointments, keeping her company, etc. I have provided a link to the care calendar under "Important Links" at the top, right hand side of this page. Please check the care calendar regularly, as needs will change as time progresses. 


Although they have great insurance, it unfortunately will not cover all of the medical costs. If you would like to make a donation to help the Rayray's cover their expenses, it would be greatly appreciated. Checks can be made out to Felicitas Rayray. 


Please send them to: 
Felicitas Rayray
7280 Tait St. 
San Diego, CA 92111


Junior's cousins will be doing a prayer circle every night at 8pm. If you all could take a few minutes to say a prayer for Felicitas during this time, she would be so grateful. This is going to be a difficult year for them and I know they appreciate all your love and support more than you know.


We love you Felicitas! You are going to beat this!!!
Samira Mallinger

4 comments:

  1. Samira,
    thank you for always being such an incredible friend. I am so grateful that during this time when I am still in shock and can't even think, you are thinking for me. i love you so very much and intend to be here for both of us to have our 4th child. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to be in San Diego with Felicitas, Junior, Graciela, Maya and Mateo. Being so far away when this news came was hard to handle. I am so thankful to Pita's family and friends who are surrounding her with love and hope, and I know that my goddaughter has strength to do this. Junior and Pita are advocating strongly on her behalf for the best treatment possible. They are a powerful team. Keep the prayers coming in daily. Love you Pita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samira what a beautiful blog, Felicitas is so blessed to have you as a friend...and so am I. Can't wait for all of us to get together and celebrate the success of beating this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for starting this blog, Samira. It's a great way to keep informed and Felicitas is so lucky to have you.

    Pita, I can't wait to read the final entry that says you're Cancer free!!! Until then, so much love and so many positive thoughts come to you daily from your family in Fresno! I love you, Pita!

    ReplyDelete